Skip to main content

A Lesson From Psalm 139


The costumes and stage elements were painted as a collaborative commission with choreographer Cynthia Newland. While conceptualizing and designing the costumes, I drew from a longing. I long for the change that is happening deep within those who are in Christ to be worn as a garment. I long to appear as the Lord Himself sees us. What does it look like, that fabric woven more finely and intricately beneath skin and sinews, muscle and bones? How delicate and beautiful is that garment that is Christ himself? Sin snatched that robe from us and left us naked and ashamed. Through Christ I have received it once again, but I wear it inside out. Lord, would you turn me right-side-out again?
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139. Read it again.

(Photo from Belhaven dance piece "Searched and Known")



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Art Exhibition - 2011

"My broken cisterns never could stay filled..." -Jon Foreman

The Sacred Marker